Saturday, November 17, 2007

a satisfying life

You know what I really look forward to? Buying stuff. I keep a list in my head of things I need. Right now I'm needing frames for the kids' school pictures; some sort of light fixture to chase the gloom out of the downstairs office; a wall-mounted CD organizer; girly soap; socks for me; socks for kids, and construction paper. There's also forty other things that won't occur to me until my eye falls upon them in the store and I realize how much better, more attractive and more organized my life will be when I acquire them. Nothing feels as good as coming home with my haul and running around the house, putting everything in its place.

Wait, that's not true. Here's something that feels even better: throwing things out, bags and bags of it. I don't know where all this crap comes from.

1 comment:

mitra said...

Yeah! Buying stuff is awesome!
I love your blog.