Tuesday, November 13, 2007

prosopagnosia II

Here's another example of how bad I am with faces. This is a true story:

I had been dating my husband for about two months when for the first time, I took the bus to his city instead of letting him drive to me. When I got off the bus and looked around the crowded station trying to find him, I couldn't remember anything about his appearance except skinny guy, brown skin, some sort of facial hair. So I sat down with a book and pretended to read. A few minutes later he came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder with a friendly grin. I was so happy to see him again, I hugged him and held on for a long time. We walked out to his car. As we sped down the dark highway, I put my hand down in his lap. He gave me a slow sideways smile and put his hand on top of mine. And then he said, "So, baby -- ya gonna tell me your name?"

Okay, so I made up that last part. But it could have happened. And that would have been really funny. In a very icky way.

No comments: