Thursday, November 1, 2007

the er after dark

It's been twenty hours since I threatened the life of George Bush, and no one has paid any notice. This gives rise to several theories:

1) Big Brother is not monitoring every word written on the internet, as a certain paranoid stranger warned me.
2) Big Brother is watching, but has already researched my background and interrogated my relatives and former sex partners, and so far does not consider me a credible threat.
3) Big Brother is watching. However, his henchmen are underpaid and apathetic, so they're pretty much just eating doughnuts while terrorists like myself run rampant.
4) Big Brother is watching, and stealthily closing the noose around my neck while I sit here typing idly like I had the all the time in the w-- (splat!)
5)Big Brother is yelling, "State of high alert! Someone's threatened the president! The color is orange! No, it's red! Let's have a subcommittee meeting!" Henchmen are too busy running in frantic circles to actually trace my address and put a stop to my evil plans.

Regardless, I think it's safe to quit worrying that anyone gives a damn what I write. Ahh. Now I can get on with it.

Last night I was in the ER. This morning I called my partner L to tell her what fishies I'd caught by night, for her to cure by day:

Me: I admitted a woman with a stone blocking her right ureter. She's got diabetes and a urinary tract infection and the right kidney is blown up like a water balloon. The ER doc called the urologist first, some guy named Dr. E, but he said to send her home. I think he must be insane. I admitted her. But I asked the staff to consult him urgently this weekend, just to punish him.
L: God. So now I'm going to have to talk to him. Thanks a lot.
Me: He's that bad? Do you know him?
L: Yeah, I've talked to him before. He's not crazy. He's just an ass.

What a perfect line: He's not crazy; he's just an ass. I'm going to steal it. I think it will come in handy often.

Posted by loulou3 at 7:54 PM

1 comments

No comments: